Mold in Morganville NJ Can Affect Your Health
Mold is a term used to describe fungi. Mold and its spores are widely distributed. They are a common component in dust occurring in homes and workplaces. They generally do not pose a health risk when in small quantities. They can however, be a serious health hazard to humans when in large quantities.
Mold in Morganville NJ is closely associated with damp and dark parts of the home. This is because moisture is required for active mold growth. Mold growth can be identified by fuzzy patches or growths of black, yellow, pink, green or brown that give off unpleasant musty odors.
Conditions Associated to Mold in Morganville NJ
Various health problems are associated with high levels of airborne mold spores. These include:
Allergies and Asthma
If you have allergies or asthma, mold spores can make your condition worse. Some people react to mold spores by developing an itchy skin rash, runny nose, cough, congestion in the chest, eye irritation or an aggravation of pre-existing asthma symptoms. These symptoms are classic allergic reactions. They can get worse if a person does not address the high levels of mold spores in the air of the home.
People who spend extended time in damp and moldy buildings are likely to develop respiratory infections and bronchitis. Mold spores inhaled in the indoor environment are thought to attach themselves to the cells that line the respiratory tract. They can cause various problems in the respiratory tract as a result.
Inhaled mold spores can cause many problems especially in those who already have a suppressed immune system. Mold spores can grow in living tissues and result in various infections throughout the body.
When a person with a suppressed immune system gets exposed to high mold levels, he is likely to develop chronic conditions. Many develop infections of the sinuses, digestive tract, skin and lungs. Further problems may result depending on the type of mycotoxins produced by the molds affecting the person.
Molds excrete compounds that are toxic. These toxins are known as mycotoxins. There are certain mycotoxins that are harmful and even lethal to humans as well as animals. Prolonged exposure to high quantities of mold producing harmful toxins can pose a significant threat to people in your household.
Clearly, mold in Morganville NJ has a serious impact on human health. It is therefore important to ensure that your home is free of mold by fixing any damp problems in your foundation. Contact us today for a FREE Estimate on mold remediation and removal.