Basement Waterproofing and Foundation Repair
1000’s of completely satisfied customers can’t be wrong! In fact, they rave about us. Being family-owned and operated for over two decades has provided Select Basement Waterproofing a level of confidence that the industry is now judged by. Through our relentless customer service, we strive to be New Jersey’s safest and most proactive waterproofing contractor. Unlike the other companies, these are REAL referrals, with problems just like yours (and even worse!) that we have effectively solved. Being family-owned and operated, we pride ourselves on the 17 years of experience served in NJ with the high-quality work we have performed. Over 1000 completely satisfied customers can’t be wrong! In fact, they rave about us. Select Basement Waterproofing is the areas premier basement waterproofing, foundation repair and crawlspace waterproofing company. In an area with an abundance of older homes, it is a good idea to have your home inspected and if necessary waterproofed by a professional. Select Basement Waterproofing provides services in the metro area, as well as the surrounding suburbs. Contact Select Basement Waterproofing for a FREE Estimate (732) 526-7770
Facts About Frenchtown
Frenchtown is a borough in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough’s population was 1,373, reflecting a decline of 115 (-7.7%) from the 1,488 counted in the 2000 Census, which had, in turn, declined by 40 (-2.6%) from the 1,528 counted in the 1990 Census. Frenchtown is located along the banks of the Delaware River on the Hunterdon Plateau. Various names have been applied to this settlement, after the many ferry operators residing on both sides of the river. The community had variously been known as Alexandriaville, Sunbeam and Frenchtown over the years. The Borough was formed by an act of the New Jersey Legislature on April 4, 1867, from portions of Alexandria Township. Additional territory was acquired from Kingwood Township in 1876. The first bridge across the Delaware at Frenchtown was a six-span covered wooden bridge built in 1841 on the five piers that still stand today, and the community became a gateway to Pennsylvania. The Uhlerstown-Frenchtown Bridge, a free Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission bridge over the Delaware River connects Frenchtown to Uhlerstown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
Around, 1725, a group of Huguenot refugees settled in Hunterdon County. Originally from the Picardy region of France, they fled after the revocation of the Edict of Nantes in 1685. One notable settler was Luther Calvin, a landowner and ferry operator who also bought a Hotel on Everittstown Road. Calvin also served as a 1st Lieutenant of the Associated Companies in 1756 during the French and Indian War. In 1757, three joint owners of a tract purchased from the West Jersey Land Society began laying out streets and building lots at what was then known as Calvin’s Ferry. The developing town was to be called “Alexandria” in honor of William Alexander, Lord Stirling, one of the three owners. In 1776, the three sold the settlement to Thomas Lowrey, a Flemington speculator. In 1794, Lowrey sold the tract to Paul Henri Mallet-Prevost, a Swiss fugitive from the French Revolution. He and other early settlers were French-speaking, leading some to begin calling the place “Frenchtown.” The town grew substantially in the next four decades. A trade-in grain and other farm products developed. Boatmen and river men helped fuel Frenchtown’s growth through their buying of cargo and food, and the hiring of pilots.
In the years after Henri Mallet-Prevost’s death, his sons sold off portions of their property; no longer was the town privately owned. The arrival of the Belvidere Delaware Railroad in 1853 sparked continued growth in Frenchtown. The steam-powered industry became widely developed, and by the 1860s, mills were being converted into larger factories. Around the same time, the town had three major hotels, The Lower Hotel (Present-day Frenchtown Inn), The Middle Hotel (no longer existing), and the Upper Hotel (The National Hotel). In 1889, Britton Brothers Big Brick Store, which sold a variety of goods, opened on Bridge Street. In the early 20th century, growth was spurred by the arrival of Frenchtown Porcelain Works, the establishment of the Milford plant of the Warren Paper Company, and the rise of the poultry industry.
WHERE TO FIND US:
SELECT BASEMENT WATERPROOFING
275 Rte 79 Morganville, NJ 07751
Phone: (732) 526-7770