Basement Waterproofing, Crawl Space Waterproofing and Foundation Repair Professionals
1000’s of completely satisfied customers can’t be wrong! In fact, they rave about us. Being family-owned and operated for over two decades has provided Select Basement Waterproofing a level of confidence that the industry is now judged by. Through our relentless customer service, we strive to be New Jersey’s safest and most proactive waterproofing contractor. Unlike the other companies, these are REAL referrals, with problems just like yours (and even worse!) that we have effectively solved. Being family-owned and operated, we pride ourselves on the 17 years of experience served in NJ with the high-quality work we have performed. Over 1000 completely satisfied customers can’t be wrong! In fact, they rave about us. Select Basement Waterproofing is the areas premier basement waterproofing, foundation repair and crawlspace waterproofing company. In an area with an abundance of older homes, it is a good idea to have your home inspected and if necessary waterproofed by a professional. Select Basement Waterproofing provides services in the metro area, as well as the surrounding suburbs. Contact Select Basement Waterproofing for a FREE Estimate (732) 526-7770
Crawl Space Specialists
Select waterproofs and repairs crawl spaces. With crawl spaces being tight and damp by nature it’s important to control and limit moisture & humidity from the building. Increased levels of humidity and moisture in a crawl space can damage insulation, support beams, and can eventually support mold and mildew growth. Select Basement can inspect your crawl space, spot key indicators, and help design a plan to get the crawl space into the condition that you want. Dry crawl spaces have fewer bugs, less moisture, and less problems. Our crawl space encapsulation and repair methods are closed and secure and can help to make your home more energy-efficient. Floods and standing water can cause problems, even in crawl spaces and Select Basement Waterproofing of New Jersey can help!
Facts About Middletown, NJ
Middletown was settled by English who migrated from western Long Island and New England, beginning at the 1665 proclamation of the Monmouth Patent by royal governor Richard Nicholls. This grant, issued to 12 Britons, contained several provisions governing settlement. The new settlers were required to secure the land from the local Indians, a population that was, in time, displaced. Additional people were required to settle here in order to foster permanence. Three “villages” were established near-simultaneously, including the short-lived Portland Point located near Atlantic Highlands, Shrewsbury, south of the Navesink River, and the village of Middletown, which was, in a rough geographic sense, in the “middle” of the aforementioned.
Portland Point faltered, but organized community life thrived at Middletown village and Shrewsbury; they were known informally as the Two Towns of the Navesink. Formal records in Middletown began in 1667 with The First Town Book in Middletown; it is arguably the County’s most extraordinary extant document and is now in the collection of the Monmouth County Historical Association. The Town Book was published in Volume II of John Stillwell’s Historical and Genealogical Miscellany. The village at Middletown, which is now a National Register of Historic Places historic district, was laid out with an English nucleated grid, a series of 36 lots placed north and south of a major road, the Kings Highway, a land-division pattern that still exists. Most village property owners also possessed “out lots,” which were typically extensive tracts, often located some distance from the village. These plots were typically cultivated or left wooded. Local government was minimally involved in rural New Jersey. In the absence of public education, regulating escaped animals was one of its principal concerns.
Monmouth County was organized into municipalities in 1693 when its 3 original townships were formed. One, Middletown, then embraced all of Monmouth County north of the Navesink River and east of Freehold Township. New Jersey’s early townships were too large for administrative ease and were divided by the 1840’s. Middletown was split in 1848 by the formation of Raritan Township, a section that included the future Holmdel, Hazlet and Aberdeen townships and the boroughs of Matawan, Keyport, Union Beach and most of Keansburg. Middletown Township’s borders later remained relatively stable, changing only for the secession of Atlantic Highlands and Highlands in 1887 and 1900 respectively, and for a few other minor adjustments.
Middletown residents divided their loyalties during the Revolution. Some significant landholding families remained loyal to the English crown, but did so in the midst of rebellious forces that fought for independence. The conflict in New Jersey was a virtual civil war. Enemy participation in the major battle in New Jersey was headed towards Middletown. The British forces, who had fought the colonials near Monmouth Court House on June 28, 1778, continued their eastward journey after the battle. They reached an encampment in the Middletown hills and stayed prior to fulfilling their planned objective, a departure by sea for New York City. The war’s 2 most notorious acts of local violence occurred after the end of formal fighting, the June 1780 murder by loyalists of Joseph Murray in his field at today’s Poricy Park, and the April 1782 execution of Joshua Huddy at Highlands.
Much of the Township’s spiritual and educational life began in Middletown village where many Christian denominations have been represented from early times. The Baptist Church in New Jersey was founded in 1688 at Middletown. The Episcopal Christ Church was founded as a joint congregation with Shrewsbury, an organization that claims its origins from recorded, informal worship dating from 1702. Christ Church built churches in Shrewsbury and Middletown in 1732 and 1746 respectively; the 2 branches separated in 1854. A second Episcopal church, All Saints Memorial, built in 1864 in Navesink, is a National Historic Landmark. The Dutch Reformed was founded in Middletown village in 1836. Presbyterian and Methodists have early Middletown roots, but their houses of worship did not endure. The Roman Catholic Church in Middletown was founded at New Monmouth in 1879 and is now the predominant faith, numbering 3 churches in the Township and a fourth on the border. In addition, Middletown Catholics worship in at least 5 surrounding municipalities Public education’s traceable roots in Middletown barely existed through the first third of the 19th century. Funding by the State throughout the state, which began in 1829, is regarded as effectively changing public policy to widely available free education. A key landmark to education is a private school, the Franklin Academy; it opened in 1837 and survives as a residence on Kings Highway. One-room schools were built in the latter 2/3 of the 19th century, replaced by more substantial buildings in the first decade of the 20th. Middletown was the region’s first rural township to build a high school, opening 1 in Leonardo in 1913. Library service began with the 1914 openings of the private Navesink Library and was followed by the establishment of the Middletown Public Library in 1920.
WHERE TO FIND US:
SELECT BASEMENT WATERPROOFING
275 Rte 79 Morganville, NJ 07751
Phone: (732) 526-7770